When Victory Gospel was founded in 1992, the sanctuary was the living room of a house on the corner of Montana and Gevers St. Bishop Banks and Prophetess Jackie Banks began the Church and worked diligently with the power of the Holy Spirit motivating and guiding their every move. Evangelism was at the heart of the ministry from its earliest moments and this deep love to share the Gospel sparked growth immediately.
The ministry grew, and eventually the living room where they were having church was no longer large enough to accomodate the people.
The Big Tent
Bishop Banks then secured a big tent. For several years, church was held under the tent while the ministry prepared for its next stage of expansion.
Bishop Donny & Prophetess Jackie Banks
The New Sanctuary
Bishop Donny Banks and Prophetess Jackie Banks joined in petitioning the Lord for a new sanctuary. One day, a steeple was delivered to the site that would later become the sanctuary for Victory Gospel Chapel. Bishop Banks declared by faith that there was a church under the steeple, and by faith, the New Sanctuary was erected in that exact place and completed in 1999.
Victory Gospel continued to to grow and soon the new sanctuary was full. Again, the Lord was faithful and in 2005, the sanctuary was expanded to its current size.
Today, Victory Gospel Chapel is still increasing more and more. , a new construction will begin to build a cathedral. It will be relocated and 1603 Montana will continue to hold mid-week services.